CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Hard At Work

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted. We've been hard at work here building a deck onto the house. For years we have had a "lovely" concrete slab back there that we have called our patio. We decided a few weeks ago we had had enough of the dirt coming in the house from the dogs as well as the roughness of the concrete. So we built a deck. It's taken 2-3 weekends because we built it from scratch and we had a few postponings from rain. Wally put in alot of HARD labor. I helped during Parker's naps and once he went down for the night and our neighbor Ryan helped out some as well. I can happily say that we are about 95% done. We just have a spot Wally needs to customize to allow for our chimney to be emptied and then we just have to buy stuff for the deck. Yeah! We had a patio set that we've had for about 5 years and well about a month ago the wind lifted our umbrella and when it came back down it turned slightly and shattered our glass table. I'm not so sad though because I really wanted a new one. We weren't sure what the dogs would think of the deck either since they prefer to lye in the cool dirt if they can find a patch. Copper was particularly funny as we were working so I snapped some pics. of him.

Please don't take away my dirt!!!
Pretty, pretty please!!!
It's so hot and now that I don't have any dirt I must hide under the grill cover
The Deck!


2 comments:

Monica~ James~ Connor said...

Very nice!! We have a patio too, but there is just something about a deck that is so much more fun.

Dreyer Family said...

WOW...That looks so nice! You better watch out...Copper and Hurley might just decide to dig some new dirt!
Kel